Vegan Cabbage Soup is an absolute delight. You will never feel like you are on a diet if you eat this soup.
I love how I can have as much soup as I like without having to worry about the calories. This soup is incredibly low in calories.
I am not a person who can be satisfied with small portions and hence I take large portions of everything and end up gaining weight. That has been my most crucial downfall.
You give me fried chicken, I totally can gulp down an awesome amount of it. I am absolutely bad at portion control. It takes a lot of will power to control my portions. But recipes such as this Vegan Cabbage Soup are my saviors.
They are not only incredibly delicious but absolutely low in calories. And that would mean I can really have a large portion of such recipes. They are filling, healthy and satisfying, all in one.
Benefits of Cabbage
- Cabbage is a low-calorie food that is just perfect for weight loss
- Lowers bad cholesterol.
- It helps in detoxifying our body.
- High in fiber
- This humble cabbage is rich in iron and sulphur
Add in the veggies of your choice and simply eat till you are full. Have a bowl of hot delicious Vegan Cabbage Soup and then help yourself to a second serving and then to a third!!! No worries, you dinner is absolutely healthy to go for a third serving.
As I am bit paranoid about having my dinner, I like to make this Vegan Cabbage Soup for my dinner. I get to have my dinner, guilt free. I have a good breakfast followed by a heavy lunch. But I like to keep my dinner light and simple. They are mostly soups or salads. So this Vegan Cabbage Soup is just something that totally gets me to eat my dinner instead of skipping it.
Why eating soup is good
- Soup makes you feel full and hence you will not be left hungry after eating it.
- They are low in calorie and yet loaded with nutrients that your body needs.
- Hot soups make you feel warm during cold winters.
- They also make you feel better when you are down with an illness. Nothing will feel more digestible than the soup.
- You can add any veggies that are in the season without restrictions
- It helps in digestion
This vegan cabbage soup has all natural, organic, and clean ingredients. I generally use fresh tomatoes but if you can’t find fresh red tomatoes it is okay to use canned. But remember to buy organic and sodium free tomatoes.
For more similar healthy recipes try the following
Let’s get started with the Vegan Cabbage Soup
Vegan Cabbage Soup, Vegan Cabbage Soup
Vegan Cabbage Soup is a pure fitness conscious person's delight. Tasty, healthy and filling. You get all of this in it. And that too with low calories. Can you believe that?
- 1/2 head cabbage cored & chopped
- 2 carrots peeled & sliced
- 1 cup green beans chopped
- 2 ribs celery ribbed
- 1 cup peas
- 1 big onion peeled and chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder freshly ground
- 4 medium tomatoes crushed
Place the cabbage, carrot, beans, celery, peas, onion in a slow cooker or pot.
Add in salt, black pepper powder and tomatoes. Pour 4 cups of water.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours in a slow cooker, or until vegetables are tender.
Serve immediately. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
If you do not own a slow cooker, you can cook covered on low heat for about an hour.
Add in any seasonal veggies of your choice. The more in season, the more tasty and cheaper it will be.
Until Next Time,